DST Global Solutions’ Investment Management Solutions (IMS) business has launched a broad range of risk consulting services to address various aspects of companies’ risk management challenges.
Edward Dumas, DST Global Solutions’ head of risk solutions for North America, will be heading up the risk consulting services team. He said: “Due to recent market events, risk management is now one of the top priorities for boards and executives. Companies are beginning to invest in technology and infrastructure to better support the risk management function. We have experienced this trend from the interest expressed by several investment management firms in our Askari risk management solution.”
Some of the key risk consulting services offered include:
- Development of risk management policies, procedures and management action triggers to align risk appetite, risk exposures and performance objectives.
- Writing and distribution of policies and procedures to establish and govern a comprehensive model validation programme.
- Creation of methodologies for risk measurement, including market risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, counterparty contingent credit exposure, collateral management, risk-adjusted business unit performance measurement and product valuation.
- Technical guidance to achieve coherent and consistent aggregation of risk measurement results across multiple risk management systems and products.
- Conducting of stress tests and scenario analyses, including macroeconomic scenarios, market-specific events and identification of key exposures and conditions under which risk measurement assumptions may no longer be valid.
- Comprehensive technical and non-technical training covering risk governance, risk metrics, products, pricing and valuation.